Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

KONUS PERSEO after 35 years

Fedele

KONUS PERSEO after 35 years
At the age of about 12, my mother and my uncles gave me my first REAL telescope.
A great little giant who opened the windows to the Universe for me. Made in Japan, today I was able to partially restore it. Needs an intervention to the lenses that I have to collimate, since as a boy I disassembled it several times to clean it with ethyl alcohol 
Tonight, the sky suddenly opened up in the clouds, giving me an observation window with both the Baby-Mu and the little PERSEO.
I observed the moon through an Adriano Lolli COMA adapter, which adapts the 1.25 "eyepieces to 0.96" of the original focuser of the "ancient" sacred relic.
With a 25 mm Ploss Televue, despite a slight chromatism (surprisingly most of which deriving from a not perfect colimation) the little moon was greatly engraved. Beautiful. rich in detail.
I also used an FF 12 mm eyepiece, which denoted a greater chromatism (but always very acceptable) and finally I dared with the supreme Abbe MC 6mm Takahashi, which still returned a usable image, with only a very slight graininess of the details and a coma on the peaks of the craters.
I started crying reliving those nights over 35 years ago.
A short walk among the stars, with very good focused stellar images, a short star test showing Airy discs (in extra) heavily etched in an image deformed by uncoupling. I'll take him to some expert soon for a comprehensive resuscitation.
Then I wanted to dare, making the little old man savor the breeze of the modern era.
Go of ASI224 with Astronomik ProPlanet 742 IR-pass filter and ASICAP.
I shot some videos of which I quickly processed two, one for the ASi to rpimary little focus and the other through Barlow TeleVue 2x. Videos of a few frames (since we are still waiting for the frames from the east), processed with PIPP & Astrosurface.

thanks Mom if you can hear me from up there

gregregregrgre.jpg

2021-03-22-1943_7-CapObj__100r_48T_326reg.tif 2021-03-22-1942_8-CapObj__100r_48T_262reg.tif 2021-03-22-1941_5-CapObj__100r_48T_675reg.tif 2021-03-22-1939_7-CapObj_pipp__100r_48T_366reg.tif

• Like 11