Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Flats with bright corners

CraigT82

I have bright corners on  my O3 and S2 flats, whereas my Ha flats a more normal with 4 darker corners.

Could this be due to deterioration of the filters at the edges? My O3 and S2 filters are of a older generation than my Ha filter.

S2 flat screenshot below.

Cheers

image.png.25685698f9a80eaa8173e66722c29abf.png

Are the filters the same optical diameter or are your older OIII & SII filters in heavier mounts? Some older filter mounts/holders have a smaller internal diameter than newer filter mounts - that may cause vignetting at the corners.

Just a thought

Are there any other lenses in the image train - a reducer of something like that? My collimation is marginally out on my RC8 and this caused uneven flats similar to this - bright on one side. Calibrates out on the image OK so for now I put up with it. To be honest I am just a coward and putting of the collimation jobs on the RC. I'll do it after galaxy season.

Thanks for chipping in 👍.

No other lenses, not using a coma corrector. I did think it might be collimation but the Ha filter (which is the newest generation) doesn't have this effect, just the older o3 and s2 filters.