iOptron Choices which one!!!

vindubs

iOptron Mount Choice  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

• CEM26
    • CEM26EC
    • CEM40

I'm looking to purchase a  new mount for my Williams Optics Z73 which I very much doubt I will change out for what I need.  I'm really interested in the iOptron mounts but not too sure which one to go for.  I have my mind set on the CEM40 but CEM26EC comes in at the same price and more portable if needed.   Then on the off-set is for just the hobbyist astrophotography will the CEM26 do?

You will see in my sig the equipment I'm running so any feedback or thoughts would be great.

I have the same scope and use mine on a CEM25P with no problem at all. The CEM26 would be a fine choice and the extra cash would be put towards a astro camera (another minefield of choice!).

The 25P tracks well for unguided exposures or for longer it connects to a PC for guiding.

1 minute ago, fwm891 said:

I have the same scope and use mine on a CEM25P with no problem at all. The CEM26 would be a fine choice and the extra cash would be put towards a astro camera (another minefield of choice!).

The 25P tracks well for unguided exposures or for longer it connects to a PC for guiding.

Thanks for the input I do run an ASI1600MM Cooled so that should be OK but agree is the additional 600-800 really worth it?