Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My nebula year

Ken82

Its coming to the end of nebula season now so Id like to share a collection of what I've captured over the last 5 months and hopefully get some feedback to peoples favourite.

My personal favourite is the California image. What do others think?

Thanks 

Ken

Elephant hubble crop.png

Elephant trunk hubble.png

finished_curves.jpg

finished_curves_crop.jpg

Horsehead FINISHED.png

pacman hubble palette crop.png

call.JPG

Edited by Ken82
  • Like 17

I agree with you - the California nebula is fantastic - never seen it like that. The elephant trunk is also a favourite of mine. Your colour scheme and level of detail is great - what camera / filter combination do you use?? I only have a DSLR  but I would be interested in stepping up the game with results like that. 

Excellent imaging.

Gerr.

On 16/03/2021 at 18:48, Gerr said:

I agree with you - the California nebula is fantastic - never seen it like that. The elephant trunk is also a favourite of mine. Your colour scheme and level of detail is great - what camera / filter combination do you use?? I only have a DSLR  but I would be interested in stepping up the game with results like that. 

Excellent imaging.

Gerr.

Hi Gerr,

Thanks for your comments. These images were taken with my mono asi6200 and chroma filters. 

like yourself I used a dslr for a few years and I was very happy. I then changed to OSC which for me wasn’t much of a difference. I found changing to mono was a bigger step up and the diversity it offers is well worth it. 

Hope that helps.

Ken 

• Like 1

Hi Ken,

Thanks for the reply and that seems like great advice as I did wonder about dedicated OSC v's Mono (+ filters).

Your answer very much helps in my future direction.

Gerr.

Wow all that data in the space of 5 months... lucky you 😀

yeah I like the California too. I’ve never got the complete thing as I have to do mosaic and of course I never completed it with mono & uk weather since I started the last attempt 6 years ago!... 5 months ay.. lucky you 🤣