Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Getting "Hubble Palette" style images from your OSC dual/tri narrowband data - PixInsight Tutorial - UPDATED

@Lee_P - Hey mate! - It sounds like a good idea, definitely worth testing out! my only question would be will linearfit stretch the midtones/highlights the same way as the manual process does, or will it just make the background levels match? 

interesting to see how it works mate! :) 

14 hours ago, Luke Newbould said:

@Lee_P - Hey mate! - It sounds like a good idea, definitely worth testing out! my only question would be will linearfit stretch the midtones/highlights the same way as the manual process does, or will it just make the background levels match? 

interesting to see how it works mate! :) 

It worked out OK I think! Maybe I was just lucky with the G channel being fairly strong anyway.

1179867350_SoulNebulav2fullresolution.thumb.jpg.e18b44a50b76857cdc530daac911842d.jpg

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

@Luke Newbould Well, finally got to try out my ASI294MC PRO last week for the very first time...lots to learn like guiding, dithering, etc.

Decided to go for the Witches Broom Nebula/Western Veil using an L-Enhance filter as it was just a few days before full moon. Managed just over an hour of 120s lights plus calibration shots.

Spent last night following your video and came out with the version below. Pretty pleased with it considering it's my first shot with the new camera AND my first attempt at your Hubble-palette workflow! Thanks again for the great tutorial.

veil_hubble_reduced.thumb.jpg.aa0169b1b8a03996f853c7c09cdec9a5.jpg

• Like 4

@Sterrenland That's great to see mate! - thank you for sharing your first light from the camera and also your first go at the tutorial! 🙂 - big congratulations on your new camera mate, the 294 is a great sensor! wishing you lots of clear skies so you can try your new gear out some more soon! 👍👍

• Thanks 1