sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

COMPLETED - As new Skymax Pro 180 Maksutov OTA ***SOLD****

Hi All,

I am selling my completely as new Skymax Pro 180 mak  Purchased new from FLO 6th Nov last year so just over 4months old. .  Bought it on a bit of a whim as had spare cash burning a hole in my pocket and it was one of the few scopes that was in stock briefly at end of last year. Personal circumstances have changed for me and I need to sell.

It is completely unblemished  and pristine , has been be used twice only  and was stunning on binoviewed moon - main purpose I bought it .  In fact it is better than new as I have fitted a new Baader clicklock  adapter to rear cell to replace visual back.  It comes with all original accesories of :-

9x50  RACI finderscope

2" Skywatcher Diagonal

original visual back

9mm and 25mm  1.25" eyepieces.

I do have all original packaging but sorry will just not risk posting  optics,   so will be socially distant collection rules permitting.

Images show it  mounted up with my W/O diagonal  that is not included!

For any OCD members I would like to point out that if you zoom in on the front facing  image you will see a  white paint mote at bottom of the image. This is nothing more than a small paint fleck that is trapped at edge of the meniscus when built in the factory. It is not in the optical path as it is between meniscus edge and tube seal .

Collimation is excellent  and once cooled down  gives superb performance.

I would just like to say a bit about "Cooldown" with these big Maksutov's.  If you store it in a centrally heated house and bring outside  then please note  it can  take  3-4 hr's  to give it's best images !  I keep the OTA in an unheated  conservatory and It still can be 1-2 hr's before it is in perfect thermal equilibrium and gives very best views. So in reallty an unheated garage/shed/ conservatory or well planned early  placement outside is needed. It is definitely not a grab and go  scope!

They are fantastic performers once in the zone and  give excellent views of compact cluster's  double stars  and lunar/ planetary viewing.

Skywatcher price's have recently gone up and that is if you can even get one .

I am selling at  £690  a  fair price I think for what is a new scope. Please no offers as that is it.

Collection from Southport in the Northwest.

Any questions please ask. I would normally be happy for anyone to pop round and inspect or even view through the scope but unfortunately times are far from normal.

Regards

Dave

20210225_104104.jpg

20210225_104126.jpg

20210225_104154.jpg

20210225_104318.jpg

Edited by DaveGibbons
NOW SOLD
  • Like 5

• DaveGibbons changed the title to As new Skymax Pro 180 Maksutov OTA ***SOLD****