Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi .. hope someone can give me some advice ..I received a new focuser for my evostar 120 today .. but after installing it I find I have to have the focuser fully extended and using a 90 degree 1 1/4 diagonal the EP still has to be almost removed to gain focus . Surely that’s not correct , is it ? 
any thoughts most welcome . 
stu 

image.jpg

Edited by Stu1smartcookie

I dont have experience but a quick google of this with other ones suggests that with the ST120 focus cannot be achieved unless you use a 1.25” diagonal that came with it? May be relevant seems odd tho...

Edited by wibblefish

At the risk of being labelled an idiot can someone please confirm that I need to remove the two grub screws to fit my finder shoe on this new focuser . Two screws were provided in the box ( no instructions of course ) but the only two holes that line up have 2mm grub screws in them . There are two screws near to them but as they already have screws in them I am pretty sure I shouldn’t be using them . Especially as I can’t get my finder shoe anywhere near them .please see photo and stop me from self destructing lol 😂 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hi Laurie , but the blurb at FLO said there are now holes in the focuser that can be used to house a finder bracket ! They are the only holes that actually line up with the finder shoe. I have not removed the grub screws .

Edited by Stu1smartcookie

what brand is the Focuser assembly ? I can see shinny fixings on the focuser tube at approx 2am and 10pm when viewed from above are they screws? As they may well deal with parallelism ? and the grub screws may well be removed and a finder in their place

3 minutes ago, fozzybear said:

are you sure?

No, but looking at the standard focuser they are. Wish we knew exact model. Trying to avoid something getting touched that should not be.

Edited by Laurieast
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stu1smartcookie said:

Hi Fozzy .. the focuser is from FLO and is designed to fit the Ed series and evostar series of skywatcher fracs 

just checked on their website and their are 4 silver allen keys screws in the focuser so no to touching them I would bet it is the 2 grub screw as you suggested to be the culprits to change out and fit your finder shoe 

2 minutes ago, fozzybear said:

just checked on their website and their are 4 silver allen keys screws in the focuser so no to touching them I would bet it is the 2 grub screw as you suggested to be the culprits to change out and fit your finder shoe 

If you want to be sure fire off a PM to Grant he will be more than happy to assist if sourced from Flo

• Like 1