SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

4Tronix

Lurcher

Hi All,

I've been wanting to stop dew collecting on my secondary mirror, and saw a really neat dew heater for secondary heaters on FLO, made by 4Tronix in the UK, which sticks straight onto the back of the mirror and looked an amazing design. The only trouble was the only version available was for an 8" scope, and I needed a larger version for a 12" scope which has a 50mm x 70mm secondary.

I rather optimistically E-mailed 4Tronix directly (on a Sunday afternoon) to see if they had any plans to make a larger size, and I got a reply within an hour to say sure. If I sent them the measurements they could make one up.

It cost £19.75 plus VAT and postage which I thought was pretty good, and a guy there called Gareth sent me regular E-mails to discuss the shape and build, and to keep me updated on progress. 

(I wasn't sure whether to post this on here or on the product review section, as it's both the company and the product which have been great. - Hoping no-one minds if I copy and paste this in the product review section).

The heater is now available directly through 4Tronix and hopefully FLO will be listing it too?? The 8" version is of course available through FLO).

I've attached a couple of photos of it installed.

IMG_5773.JPG

IMG_5772.JPG

• Like 5