Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Do the Funky Chicken!

AndysAstroPix

14 hours ago, Astro Waves said:

Well then, you're definitely not messing around with this image are you. Its just bloody lovely, the colour palette is gorgeous! Can't wait to see more of the Southern Hemisphere targets.

Thanks very much Astrowaves 👍 I'll try not to disappoint in future 😂 cheers!

14 hours ago, andy fearn said:

stunning. fantastic.   can't wait to see more from you. thanks for taking the time to post.

clear skies.

Andy.

Cheers Andy, from Andy - lol -  😂 clear skies! 

11 hours ago, ultranova said:

Wow, Breathtaking

Beautifully processed, a Grand entrance into SGL that's for sure.

Looking forward to your next master piece.

Well done 

Paul

Thanks Paul, appreciate your nice feedback! 👍😇

11 hours ago, Knight of Clear Skies said:

Lovely detail, and a good decision to present the starless version first in this particular case.

Cheers Knight of Clear Skies, my preference for this particular one is the Starless version as well 🤩

Wow, what an image. I think i can safely say that's the best starless image i've ever come across. Those Bok Globules at middle left look amazing. I could honestly look at this for hours, and the colour palette is gorgeous as well. 

Congrats on the IOTD, well deserved! 

Oh, and welcome to SGL too! 😀 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MarsG76 said:

Excellent image.... welcome to SGL.

2 hours ago, MarsG76 said:

Deservingly so...

Thanks MarsG76, very kind of you! 👍

10 minutes ago, Xiga said:

Wow, what an image. I think i can safely say that's the best starless image i've ever come across. Those Bok Globules at middle left look amazing. I could honestly look at this for hours, and the colour palette is gorgeous as well. 

Congrats on the IOTD, well deserved! 

Oh, and welcome to SGL too! 😀 

Gosh, thanks Ciarán, I very much appreciate the glowing comments! Thanks for the warm welcome too 🥰

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MarsG76 said:

I just looked up your astrocam.... that's one hell of a beast....

Yes, I was lucky enough to win the camera in the QSI imaging competition in 2019 with this image. It's a fabulous camera but the 2" Chroma filters cost an arm & a leg! (worth every penny though!) 😂

19 minutes ago, AndysAstroPix said:

Yes, I was lucky enough to win the camera in the QSI imaging competition in 2019 with this image. It's a fabulous camera but the 2" Chroma filters cost an arm & a leg! (worth every penny though!) 😂

So basically you won a beast with the eye of a beast image... imaged using a mini beast of a camera...

Edited by MarsG76
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, newbie alert said:

Scorcher of an image/ images...

5 hours ago, tomato said:

Absolutely stunning images, I confess I prefer the stars to be present in images, but you have done a superb job in seamlessly removing them.👍

Thanks very much for the nice feedback  - starless images can indeed be polarizing. 

I usually replace NB stars with RGB ones, but  I leaving the stars out of this one had revealed much detail that we usually overlook. 😀