SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

UK Astronomers - Closing

Hi everyone,

This may come as a bit of a surprise but as of today, I am closing UK Astronomers.

Don't worry though, the end result will be better, much better and much easier and simpler to use!

Please see my notice below...

In the meantime, to upload images to SGL, underneath the messege editor you will see an option to 'Attach' a file to your post, I've upped these limits so you should be able to upload reasonably large images. This is a temporary alternative until we move across to our new platform.

Thanks,

Grant

UK Astronomers is tightly linked with Stargazers Lounge astronomy forum - as such, most of our members are also SGL members and most of the content posted is done so in order to share it with Stargazers Lounge.

This arrangement has worked well but, it has been complicated for people having to sign in to two sites and manage two seperate accounts and profiles. Therefore, as of today, UK Astronomers will not be accepting any new members, photos, videos or uploads.

Previously uploaded images will continue to work for the forseeable future so they will still show up in posts etc.. you have made.

I appreciate this may come as a surpise to you but we have big plans for Stargazers Lounge which will bring across all of the most used features of UK Astronomers into the forum, you will be able to have photo albums, blogs, calendars and much much more all within SGL.

My intention is to concentrate my efforts into making SGL the best place for amateur and professional astronomers to come together, share and learn online.

If you would like to contact me for any reason, please email: contact@ukastronomers.com.

Everything under one roof so to speak, is bound to be a vast step forward, and I'm certain everyone is onside with you Grant. You are burdening yourself with a load of work, and all for our benefit. We shall reap the rewards of your labours mate.

You are doing a real good job of re modelling Our place.

Ron. :thumbright: :salute:

Great news Grant... even though I had a minor heart attack when I saw the link had gone....

Billy....

I nearly expired when I saw it a few minutes ago too :-)

Good plan Grant, thanks for the great job you're doing.

Cheers

Rob

Just an update - all images that have been viewed on UK Astronomers in the past 6 months have now been archived so if you link to them, they will still function (so no blank images showing up on SGL).

Videos should also still work.

If you've uploaded files and the links aren't working, please PM me with the file details and I will restore it for you so it will still be downloadable.

We will post an announcement in the next few days detailing the next phase :( Hopefully you guys are going to like it, we have lots of goodies coming!

Is this why I can now add attached photos direct to messages? If so how do I add two without attaching one, posting the message, then modifying the message and attaching the second? Maybe I am thick but tryoing to attach two in one go seemed to overwrite the first with the second. :(

Thanks guys for your feedback but, the big change hasn't happened yet!!!

The attachments setup is a temporary measure whilst we transition to the upgraded setup - we will post further details in the next couple of days detailing the plans :(

Archived