Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatcher handset holder.

banjaxed

Ah ha 👍🏻

Here’s the part. Bet FLO could order one.

Skywatcher Replacement Part Holder for SynScan Hand Controller to Aluminum or Steel Tripods

https://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/language/en/info/p10189_Skywatcher-Ersatzteil-Halter-fuer-SynScan-Handbox-an-Alustativ-und-Stahlstativ.html

3FDEE1DD-0376-464C-A78D-031BCD4B982C.jpeg

Edited by johninderby

38 minutes ago, johninderby said:

Ah ha 👍🏻

Here’s the part. Bet FLO could order one.

Skywatcher Replacement Part Holder for SynScan Hand Controller to Aluminum or Steel Tripods

https://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/language/en/info/p10189_Skywatcher-Ersatzteil-Halter-fuer-SynScan-Handbox-an-Alustativ-und-Stahlstativ.html

3FDEE1DD-0376-464C-A78D-031BCD4B982C.jpeg

That really looks the part John. I just found some self adhesive Velcro which seems to work fine. If it doesn’t last I will contact FLO 👍

On 06/03/2021 at 13:04, banjaxed said:

Does anyone know if handset holders that clip on to the tripod leg are available anywhere as I am fed up losing mine in the dark 😄. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Hello. I have a couple of these type in my odds and sods astro box.  Please see pictures.  Let me know if any use,    John 

B7930248-E968-42D7-8309-1F36169AAD4C.jpeg

Edited by Telescope40

I have a Skywatcher tripod that didn't come with a cradle, so I added a loop of wire (loosened screws on the back of the handset shell, insert loop with knotted ends, and tighten again).

This then mounts on a hook made of thicker garden wire at the top of each tripod leg

NB - wire ends are double insulated to ensure no unwelcome short circuits

image.png.c8a49672b8e8bf969338b15021c62da9.png

Edited by Gfamily
ETA 2+NB