Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ZWO camera holder - ring

tooth_dr

If you use the external desiccant tube, then you can't use the front 'solid', so to avoid the fan outlet grills, you are forced to use the rear  parts which make for a very front heavy mounting, unless you design something that can also have some front support...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dr_Ju_ju said:

If you use the external desiccant tube, then you can't use the front 'solid', so to avoid the fan outlet grills, you are forced to use the rear  parts which make for a very front heavy mounting, unless you design something that can also have some front support...

Hi Julian

I didnt even realise that rubber cap covered a port for screwing on the external desiccant tube.  I'm going to do what Tomatobro has done and place the clamp a bit further forward, but still make another bracket to support the lens.

Cheers @Adreneline

I went with that idea. I found an old pair of tube rings from an ST80 in my parts box 100mm internal diameter, and printed liners to reduce the internal diameter to match camera 90mm and lens 78mm.  Then lined with felt from the kids craft box.  Test run last night looks ok Atik 2600MC with 105mm F2.8, hope to process later.

Cheers  

D8DBBDF0-D6ED-4970-9461-C0AA5D9D529F.jpeg

C865DAB2-113F-4C8C-8255-248D5A505072.jpeg

69305826-A4AE-4B00-9D82-D1D15E5A0C11.jpeg

BB37516C-5176-426B-92FA-3AED894B0D77.jpeg

2B9B0E1E-A6CA-4A25-9C5E-32CCA2675395.jpeg

99385AF6-B0FB-4E72-886F-05AC04814590.jpeg

CDD34B8C-7DE4-4522-9D0A-82F771A5350E.jpeg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

I found an old pair of tube rings from an ST80 in my parts box 100mm internal diameter, and printed liners to reduce the internal diameter to match camera 90mm and lens 78mm.  Then lined with felt from the kids craft box.

Hi Adam - very impressive - I like the cable strain relief feature on the back camera mount - very clever.

I bought some of this stuff to line the WO mount because the i.d. was just a tad too big to really grip the Canon.

Hope the test run went well.

Adrian

1 hour ago, Adreneline said:

Hi Adam - very impressive - I like the cable strain relief feature on the back camera mount - very clever.

I bought some of this stuff to line the WO mount because the i.d. was just a tad too big to really grip the Canon.

Hope the test run went well.

Adrian

That’s brilliant. Handier than my felt and print stick. Going to order that now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, david_taurus83 said:

Looks great Adam! What's the bit at the back for?

I caught the cables one evening in the dome with my sleeve so just made up a sort of bracket. On the refractor the cables really protrude out the back. My last camera had side exiting cables.

• large_display_2600MC-cable-support.png
  • large_display_2600MC-cable-support-1.jpg
  • large_display_2600MC-cable-support.jpg
  • large_display_2600MC-cable-support-2.jpg
  •  
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, tooth_dr said:

I caught the cables one evening in the dome with my sleeve so just made up a sort of bracket. On the refractor the cables really protrude out the back. My last camera had side exiting cables.

Great thinking for this bracket Adam.  Looks perfect on the camera and seems like a solid solution for easing the USB strain.  I'll be looking out for those appearing with cameras in the future!  Awesome. 👍