Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Considering qhy600pro and fli Kepler kl4040

mbalkham

I'm working on a project with my local astronomy society. We are considering the qhy600pro and fli kl4040 cameras for a new project. They will be dropping into an officiana stellare RiFAst 400 (1500mm fl f3.8 astrograph).

Looking for advice to help make the decision ideally from those that have used either of these cameras first hand. Potentially open to alternative high spec cameras. 

Thanks in advance

Matt

3 hours ago, mbalkham said:

I'm working on a project with my local astronomy society. We are considering the qhy600pro and fli kl4040 cameras for a new project. They will be dropping into an officiana stellare RiFAst 400 (1500mm fl f3.8 astrograph).

Looking for advice to help make the decision ideally from those that have used either of these cameras first hand. Potentially open to alternative high spec cameras. 

Thanks in advance

Matt

I'll be surprised if you can find someone with the kl4040 but interested to hear about it from pure curiosity. 

On 06/03/2021 at 06:40, mbalkham said:

Thanks in advance

Matt

It looks like the 4040 sensor has an issue with calibration across its four sections so is not really a tool for taking nice images, it's more for scientific use. Hence I would go with the QHY.