Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Am I being taken for a ride?

osbourne one-nil

Update - I was ready to cancel and find a different use for the money when I heard it's now been dispatched from Germany. Whether this is dispatched again, or for the first time, I've given up trying to fathom, but I think it really is now going to get to me!

1 hour ago, osbourne one-nil said:

Update - I was ready to cancel and find a different use for the money when I heard it's now been dispatched from Germany. Whether this is dispatched again, or for the first time, I've given up trying to fathom, but I think it really is now going to get to me!

Here's hoping it makes it through the UK border/customs/logistics handling. Took me 7 weeks to get an item from a warehouse in Essex to Oxfordshire as it got stuck in an endless loop of paperwork!

Ironically, after week 5 I gave up and asked for a refund and parcel recall, bought the same thing from a UK supplier (fortunately the other parcel with the hard-to-get bits had arrived by then) and 2 weeks later the thing turned up. 3 weeks later and I'm still trying to get it back to them for a refund. Of course we've now dropped out of all the EU consumer protection stuff - so things like refunds within 15 days of asking, statutory protections on returns are somewhat more jumbled and confused now. Worth being aware of and thinking about!

Thanks and yes, although I've been quite clear with the retailer that if it's not with me within a fortnight, I really will give up on it then. They completely understand and say they would have given up a long time ago if they were me, so I think it will all be fine! Of course, as I'm buying it from a UK supplier, nothing has really changed for me in terms of rights etc. 

Hopefully it will just arrive!

I'm still awaiting a replacement case for my SW 72ED received it last year 2020 in May bashed up by the dreaded photo adaptor piercing the case and supplier still awaiting a delivery from the distributor who states it could be April/May

Pas du tout. Nous avons relancé l'importateur pour nos SAV en fin d'année dernière, mais il n'a pas lui non plus d'infos quant à la fourniture d'une mallette seule sans la lunette. A cause de la crise sanitaire, les usines chinoises tournent au ralenti et tout arrive au compte goutte depuis des mois. Nous n'avons reçu que 3 ou 4 lunettes 72ED depuis la rentrée dernière et il n'y en aura pas au minimum avant mai prochain (dans le meilleur des cas) et c'est ainsi chez tous les fournisseurs Astro.

On 07/03/2021 at 08:14, osbourne one-nil said:

Yeah, ok, but apart from those things.....

What a mess! Perhaps I should swap hobby and become a Morris Dancer. I think the UK is the world's leading sticks and bells manufacturer. 

I wouldn't bet on it, everything seems to be made in China, even under the labels, we used to laugh at Chinese and Japanese translations in their manuals, but the laugh is on us now.

Being a suspicious so and so when it come to shipping, I wonder if I might prompt to query a couple of things.
I have shipped and received a lot of overseas items for work.

First of all, in the early days you said 'it had shipped but got sent back by customs'.
In my experience if the paper trail has a problem, the travel stops. Unless the sender specifically requests a return to origin, it sits on shelf. Sometimes incurring horrendous storage costs.
To me, that part of the story would put up a warning light.
I have had several parcels with problems (inbound and outbound) stuck in various countries. Always stuck - not returned.

Looking to your recent 'finally sent' notification. There are presumably carrier tracking numbers provided by the seller so you can check progress?
I always request tracking information with incoming, and provide the same to customers for sent items.
This provides reassurance to the recipient that the item is on the way.
Further, if there are import queries, the emails raised by carriers are often incomplete and confusing.
I have had quite a UPS/FedEx/whoever emails asking me for information on a shipment, but they don't tell me who sent it, what it is ,etc!

Really hope it finally works out for you.

David.

• Like 1

On 13/03/2021 at 15:31, discardedastro said:

Here's hoping it makes it through the UK border/customs/logistics handling. Took me 7 weeks to get an item from a warehouse in Essex to Oxfordshire as it got stuck in an endless loop of paperwork!

Ironically, after week 5 I gave up and asked for a refund and parcel recall, bought the same thing from a UK supplier (fortunately the other parcel with the hard-to-get bits had arrived by then) and 2 weeks later the thing turned up. 3 weeks later and I'm still trying to get it back to them for a refund. Of course we've now dropped out of all the EU consumer protection stuff - so things like refunds within 15 days of asking, statutory protections on returns are somewhat more jumbled and confused now. Worth being aware of and thinking about!

Now maybe y'all will understand why private American sellers won't ship out of the US.  There's too high of a probability of items being stuck in customs for an interminable length of time and the buyer requests a refund.  That, and some countries have a high probability of fraudsters buying items, and then defrauding the seller in multiple ways without any seller protections.

3 hours ago, osbourne one-nil said:

My bottom lip has disappeared - it should be with me today!

I just had some Vixen items turn up on Monday. I suspect there was a large delivery to come in from the Far East. Hopefully other delieries from the Middle East  not going via the Suez Canal.

Edited by Deadlake