SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Askar FMA 180 f/4.5 Reducer?

callisto

It's really a 220mm f/5.5 with a reducer taking it to 180mm f/4.5.

It's very versatile and I'm very pleased with mine, although I've used it only once, and that visually with my Baader BBHS T2 diagonal. 

It's a very clever modular design, although the finder bracket/rings look to have been bought in.  These aren't so well worked out, and in particular the lack of nylon-tipped screws means that the reducer tube is already badly marked. I'm waiting for a different, more flexible bracket/rings to arrive from China.

The OTA is 48mm diameter with a standard 2 inch filter thread.  I've added a 35mm long extension tube to extend the dewtube.  Filters can then go in between.

I'm just waiting now for a clear night to check it'll come to focus with my OVNI night vision device plus diagonal.

Edited by Second Time Around

38 minutes ago, Second Time Around said:

It's really a 220mm f/5.5 with a reducer taking it to 180mm f/4.5.

It's very versatile and I'm very pleased with mine, although I've used it only once, and that visually with my Baader BBHS T2 diagonal. 

It's a very clever modular design, although the finder bracket/rings look to have been bought in.  These aren't so well worked out, and in particular the lack of nylon-tipped screws means that the reducer tube is already badly marked. I'm waiting for a different, more flexible bracket/rings to arrive from China.

The OTA is 48mm diameter with a standard 2 inch filter thread.  I've added a 35mm long extension tube to extend the dewtube.  Filters can then go in between.

I'm just waiting now for a clear night to check it'll come to focus with my OVNI night vision device plus diagonal.

Thanks for your reply,

Yeah, was reading the reviews on CN and they mentioned the screws and changed them to plastic ones,

Was just a bit unsure on the reducer side of things,

Thanks again.

Mark :)