SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

My attempt at IC1805

JemC

This is my 1st attempt on this target, It's not going to win any awards i know. 🙂

Overall i'm happy with the  fact that i captured data and you can tell what the target is, although without doubt there is room for improvement, also my processing skills are somewhat lacking to say the least, 

this image was taken with 

Sky-Watcher evostar 80ed (blue tube version)
EQ6 Pro Mount
Modified Canon 600d + 12nm HA filter (cheap version) 😀
All controlled with ASIAir Pro

24 x 5 minutes exposures ( 36 were taken but 5 not used )

Darks, flats, bias frames were also used,

Images were only stacked in DSS then saved as Tiff and transferred to Photoshop were only levels and curves adjusted.

Any criticism on the image is welcome, and thanks for looking.

IC1805 Heart Nebula

heart.thumb.jpg.754c7818bb9383f415b7e0b09c7b6894.jpg

• Like 6

I really like this Jem.   It is a very natural image and a wonderful demonstration of "less is more".  You have stretched the histogram perfectly so as not to over cook things.  So often we are all tempted to squeeze an image beyond it's limits and this never looks attractive.  It has probably benefitted from your lack of processing knowledge!  You obviously have a good feel for the data. 

2 hours ago, MartinB said:

I really like this Jem.   It is a very natural image and a wonderful demonstration of "less is more".  You have stretched the histogram perfectly so as not to over cook things.  So often we are all tempted to squeeze an image beyond it's limits and this never looks attractive.  It has probably benefitted from your lack of processing knowledge!  You obviously have a good feel for the data. 

A wonderful compliment, thank you Martin.

I would have liked to reduce the red halos around the stars but not that advanced in the processing yet, and i could of done a little better with the framing, although i still don't think i would have fit it all in with my setup,
i am going to try and add more data to it weather allowing, 

I am impressed with the plate solving on the Air pro,