Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M1 - Crab from the New Forest

Hi All,

I haven't posted anything for ages due to a dearth of clear nights, but finally last weekend (and Monday) provided some good opportunities for some AP.

Here is my first attempt on M1 - the famous Crab Nebula in Taurus. It's just a short session (1 hr) as I was trying to go after other targets to test out NINA, which I had not used much previously.

Here is the capture info:-

• Scope/Mount:- SW 150PDS on EQ6R-Pro - Guided
  • Camera:- ZWO ASI1600MM (20x120" Ha, 20x120" OIII, 20x120" SII) Gain 200 -20c 
  • Acquisition: NINA
  • Processing: Stacked in APP (darks & flats), Processed in PixInsight (Hubble/SHO palette)

I may have over-clipped the blacks and of course I could do with more data. The stars are also a bit of a mess so I will try re-processing this. It is of course heavily cropped as this is such a small target for the 150PDS, but I wanted to try and drag out some detail.

Comments welcome. Thanks for looking.

Stay safe!

Steve

M1_Crab_20210301.thumb.jpg.dbcd6f8f00f76831bf94d9725d17c3d2.jpg

• Like 14

IF there ever is another clear night here abouts I am planning on targeting M1, but it’s been weeks since a night like that has come along. Nice to know it’s still out there. Excellent image, BTW!

• Thanks 1