Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Siril new website and new tutorials

Hi Cyril. I've just reviewed the new Tutorial for the whole image processing using scripts and I think that it's a great improvement on the previous examples. The format is nicely step by step with clearly highlighted images of the UI.

I also like that in the Image processing 3rd part that there's a recommendation of tool sequence. It can be very hard to understand the influence of the many possible sequences of use of image processing tools on the final result. That's a general statement, not just about Siril.

I also like the new website look, very clean. I notice the the Wiki still links back to the old site though.

Thanks for your efforts, I appreciate Siril as a competent and open source tool.

• Like 1

Thanks for the new tutorial. It looks very good as does the new release overall.

A suggestion would be to add that with thermally controlled cameras, the darks should be taken at same temperature as lights, and dark flats at same temperature as flats, to get the proper noise correction.

Just a suggestion as I know how much effort goes into writing code, documenting and making tutorials.