Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Horsehead Nebula and Flame Nebula

Skipper Billy

The Horsehead Nebula and Flame Nebula (Barnard 33 and NGC2024) - 7 hours of Ha data gathered on 12th Feb. and 40 mins each of RGB binned 2x2 under terrible conditions - (full moon and wispy high cloud) on 1st March. Nearly didn't bother processing it but the quality of the HA data hides the poor quality of the RGB.

235135221_LRGBPROCESSED.thumb.jpg.02a22e6e8d77f2d0255efa2b0209d947.jpg

• Like 15

I gave up at about 21:30 last night when some thicker bands of cloud came over from the East. It cleared again at a round 01:00, but I had work this morning.

I love the dust detail you've captured with the Ha, David. You can almost see if moving!

Edited by Budgie1
  • Like 1

I think you can tell a decent Horsehead/Flame image by the level of dust detail below the Horsehead 'curtain' and you have plenty there. I also like the dark dust feature at about 11 o' clock, looks like it is leaving a wake as it moves through the Cosmos.