Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Strange Flats, do I have an issue with filters or Image train ?

Having just fitted a new FW and camera (QHY268M & QHY FW3) to my Esprit 100ED my first attempts at flats look a bit odd.
An unstretched flat looks reasonable.
image.png.7fbf860fdbdb04edcb40b658c4c2706b.png

But when auto-stretched left is new setup and right is with my old setup (ASI1600 & SX FW but same 36mm filters) stretched to same degree
image.png.0528c61fa5f8ccfe164bce38bb3c8c98.pngimage.png.96807b5fc909adab42404918afe56d98.png

The original setup looks much more centralised to me whist the new setUp the centre of the image looks to be towards the bottom of the image.

Using CCD Inspector, again new setup on left.

image.png.52fb8dd1d362985b9ab0bcdfec00ac1e.pngimage.png.17f16c138a3084e1db926c472629b598.png

So do I have a problem and how do i overcome it ?

Steve

Edited by teoria_del_big_bang

I presume your FW and camera are in a screwed together arrangement on the focuser and so therefore must be reasonably centralised in the optical train?

If so, is there perhaps some  tilt/misalignment with your flats illumination source?

Yes everything is bolted together apart from the last spacer that screws to the flattener.
I can;t really feel any slop in the focusser that is causing tilt and not sure I personally can see evidence of any n the few images I have take,, but not too experienced with tilt and how to cure i.

Steve