Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Crab Nebula M1

discardedastro

Alright, so a very limited dataset (bit of a theme of mine lately as I go hunting for new targets - I think this one's going to get some more hours) - total about 59x120s for a total of about 2 hours imaging time on my 200P/183MM-Pro/EQ6-R setup, mostly shot over warm rooves and relatively low down.

Processed with PI; the usual manual processing steps I do (cal, cosmetic fix, subframe selection, alignment, stacking, crop, DBE, linear fitting, channel combination), but I used R/B/L as a superluminance given the small dataset (green was unfortunately badly focused so ignored it). DBE'd a second time, masked using a range selection to denoise and selectively saturate the nebula (ideally wouldn't have oversaturated the stars but here we are) before LRGBCombination and final PCC/denoising.

Making the best of poor data! I think it came out pretty well all things considered.

M1_Crab_Nebula.thumb.jpg.91b069a4f1f03da29f11c5e11d51db84.jpg

• Like 6