Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Mars and Pleiades tonight in North Cornwall

Just a very quick single sub I took tonight with my Canon 450d and younogo 50mm prime lens 1600iso 30 secs 3.5f, only took this one as I was setting up my dslr to image Orion and I caught this out the corner of my eye whilst framing Orion. Not the best ever but I'm happy with it for a quick point and shoot. Unprocessed. EDIT...I've added a cropped version of this image and makes it look much better, will get the framing right next time, was going to try tonight but the cloud has decided to stay unfortunately.  Clear skies

Pleiades-&-Mars-1-3-21.jpg

Pleiades-&-Mars-1-3-21.jpg

Edited by LeeHore7
  • Like 9

3 hours ago, FenlandPaul said:

Nice to get the Hyades in there as well! 👍

Thank you Paul, was a complete fluke to get that in shot and if I took more time and framed it better could of got more of Hyades in there, but as I say it was just a quick sub before going back to my target exercise of imaging Orion, clear skies 

• Like 1

Nice record shot, these single exposure shots are good for bridging visual with imaging, as the field isn't too overwhelmed with stars. Although as you say the framing could be better, moving the Pleiades towards the top-right would give a pleasing thirds composition with the Hyades at this focal length. I might give this a try later this week if the weather co-operates.

• Like 1

Yes I agree they are good for bridging visual to imaging, plus good to learn the constellations and star positioning. Good luck with the astrophotography later on with Pleiades and Mars, it's not looking great at the moment for us in Cornwall but I'm hoping to also attempt it again with much better framing (still learning the ropes here) as I think I'm ok with the Orion image I'm working on now. Clear skies 

Edited by LeeHore7