Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Which 'Lifelong' Frac to go for?

On 06/03/2021 at 02:56, SimonIRE said:

but boy, is the TSA120mm something special. 

I have to say that I feel the same way. To my eyes the TSA 120 offers a truly pure, razor sharp view of the moon and planets. Swing it over to DSO under dark skies and it excels here too.

I could rattle piles of DSO off that the TSA120 has shown me- but- out of all my scopes this one shows Barnards Loop -with no filter- the best of them all, and many others.

And scatter? what scatter, there is no scatter.

Edited by jetstream
  • Like 4

22 hours ago, SimonIRE said:

I have the TSA 120mm which I use for lunar and solar imaging. I got it about 6 months ago. Last night, I looked through it for the first time (yes - sacrilege to have left it so long). I was blown away. Super sharp, perfect colour correction - really very very good. I also have an LZOS 152mm which is a great scope, but boy, is the TSA120mm something special. 

For imaging I would go with an FSQ106 if you are aiming for a "forever" scope.  I also have this and it's a joy to use. 

My word! you've had the TSA-120 for six months and just yesterday you looked through it, I cannot fathom this!. A stark contrast to me setting up marbles on neighbours fences, looking like a mad man only to satisfy my need to look at anything through my 102. 😂🤣

Edited by Sunshine
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

On 06/03/2021 at 12:07, steppenwolf said:

I was in this fortunate position three years ago and my forever telescope was also for imaging. My budget may have been less than yours if you are now thinking ‘Tak’ but don’t just be swayed by the brand and do your research carefully but for what it’s worth, my forever telescope turned out to be an Esprit 150 and it was a really good decision. I also considered the Esprit 120 as it too is an excellent imaging ‘scope but in the end, as this was ‘forever’, the 150 won through!

I have had a Tak (actually two) and I don’t get what all the fuss is about!!

Good luck with your research!

Just like to add and similar to Steve, my life long scope turned out to be an Esprit 150. And I want to add it certainly doesn’t feel second best to the green brigade (Taks) or the oily lense brigade (TEC) 😉😊👍

• Thanks 1