Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New Takahashi

7 minutes ago, jock1958 said:

Trouble is once you go down the Tak route it’s very difficult to get it out of your system and can be very expensive...but hey ho you only live once 😬

True...very true, that's my thinking at the moment 😊

36 minutes ago, jock1958 said:

Trouble is once you go down the Tak route it’s very difficult to get it out of your system and can be very expensive...but hey ho you only live once 😬

There are nae pockets in a shroud 😉 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

21 hours ago, Nicola Fletcher said:

I bought myself a Takahashi FC-76 DCU from FLO on Thursday night. I’d been obsessing about a Tak for a while, especially since reading the recommendations by @DirkSteele and@JeremyS. It arrived today, and I can’t even articulate how excited I was when I saw the box, opened the ‘box origami’ and finally beheld the magic within. The Certificate of Inspection with the autographs of Mr Takahashi and colleagues was the icing on the cake!

I’m planning on using this as an ultra portable setup for travel, and putting it on my Giro Ercole mini with a (yet to be purchased) lightweight tripod. 

Quick question - I bought the TKA20420Q tube cradle for it - but now realise that I need a dovetail bar to put it on the Giro (there’s a TS Optics dovetail clamp for vixen dovetails on it) or my EQM35 Pro. Will the Takahashi TKP71423 dovetail bar work for both of these mounts or would anyone be able to suggest something if not? The dovetail bar supplied with the EQM35 Pro doesn’t look like it will be suitable - the screws supplied with the clamshell are too wide.

Thanks in advance for your help!

7D6A8D9E-EDC9-485A-874F-0EDC5B7AD0A9.jpeg

7E7FC671-1F99-4AEB-A0AE-8F3B9B1D418B.jpeg

E0AFC65E-664A-46C7-9546-CB65FD3ADE81.jpeg

6022AC85-D1A2-43CB-BA6A-B32924056F2E.jpeg

That telescope will keep you awake at night Nicola. You'll be so tempted just to nip out for a quick five minute look at the Moon or something before bed, and find yourself still glued to the eyepiece an hour later. Then you'll lie awake for hours afterward trying to work out how such a small scope can possibly give such great views. 

I'm particularly impressed with your certificate of inspection. Mine's in Japanese so it's all Greek to me, but now after looking at your's, I've some idea as to what it says. ☺

• Like 3

2 hours ago, callisto said:

A thing of beauty 😍   (I'm hovering the Buy button for the FS-60CB)

The cert deserves a frame of it's own to hang on the wall 😁

Mark

I can guarantee, having done it, if you press that button you won’t regret it. I can see myself slithering down the Tak rabbit hole. They really are as good as they look 👍🏻

Edited by Nicola Fletcher
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, mikeDnight said:

That telescope will keep you awake at night Nicola. You'll be so tempted just to nip out for a quick five minute look at the Moon or something before bed, and find yourself still glued to the eyepiece an hour later. Then you'll lie awake for hours afterward trying to work out how such a small scope can possibly give such great views. 

I'm particularly impressed with your certificate of inspection. Mine's in Japanese so it's all Greek to me, but now after looking at your's, I've some idea as to what it says. ☺

I couldn’t believe it when I saw the certificate- imagine the President and such senior people all signing it. It’s almost as much of a treasure as the scope. I can’t wait to look through it now, the Kerry Dark Sky Reserve and eventually Botswana are what I have in mind - we can always hope!

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Nicola Fletcher said:

I couldn’t believe it when I saw the certificate- imagine the President and such senior people all signing it. It’s almost as much of a treasure as the scope. I can’t wait to look through it now, the Kerry Dark Sky Reserve and eventually Botswana are what I have in mind - we can always hope!

Bought my Tak FC-100DL new with certificate of course,  unfortunately previous owner of my FS-60C mislaid his,  it wasn’t a deal breaker but certainly took the gloss off things 😩 wonder if it’s possible for Takahashi to replace lost or missing certificates ?? 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, jock1958 said:

Bought my Tak FC-100DL new with certificate of course,  unfortunately previous owner of my FS-60C mislaid his,  it wasn’t a deal breaker but certainly took the gloss off things 😩 wonder if it’s possible for Takahashi to replace lost or missing certificates ?? 🤷🏻‍♂️

It almost certainly is possible!  From discussions on CN, Takahashi apparently have records of every scope they've made, so if you know the serial number of your scope they could potentially send you a replacement certificate.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, mikeDnight said:

It almost certainly is possible!  From discussions on CN, Takahashi apparently have records of every scope they've made, so if you know the serial number of your scope they could potentially send you a replacement certificate.

Cheers Mike. I emailed FLO a while back about this, they weren’t sure and told me to message Tak Europe, did that but have haven’t heard anything back so far 🤷🏻‍♂️
Might do a trawl on CN and see how they went about contacting Takahashi Japan directly. 

29 minutes ago, jock1958 said:

Cheers Mike. I emailed FLO a while back about this, they weren’t sure and told me to message Tak Europe, did that but have haven’t heard anything back so far 🤷🏻‍♂️
Might do a trawl on CN and see how they went about contacting Takahashi Japan directly. 

Hmm, Tak Europe are difficult to get a reply from for some reason.  It might be best to email Takahashi in Japan.  Although they may not reply straight away, they may still be quicker than Tak Europe.  There may be a charge to cover postage costs, but I doubt it will cost a fortune

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Nicola Fletcher said:

A Tak mount....what a great idea. I shall return the dovetail immediately! 🤣

Congrats on your new Tak

That rabbit hole can get really deep.

My FS 60 looks very small on the Tak NJP mount .

The FS 102 looks more at home.

Would love a 128 or 130 to go along with them.

• Like 1

Congratulations Nicola! You'll love it for sure :) I had the FS60CB a few years back and it made with laugh how far you could push the mag without the image breaking down. I've been giving that 76DCU on the FLO clearance site a few cheeky sideways glances 👌🤗😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Ibbo! said:

Congrats on your new Tak

That rabbit hole can get really deep.

My FS 60 looks very small on the Tak NJP mount .

The FS 102 looks more at home.

Would love a 128 or 130 to go along with them.

Thank you - yes I can imagine how the TSA130 would really complement both of our collections! I am going to just enjoy this lovely scope for a while though and keep it in the back of my mind!

5 minutes ago, Nicola Fletcher said:

Thank you - yes I can imagine how the TSA130 would really complement both of our collections! I am going to just enjoy this lovely scope for a while though and keep it in the back of my mind!

Very wise! The possibilities with your Tak FC 76 are limitless 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Space Hopper said:

Do i need a Takahashi.....?

A question i've ben asking myself a long time.......

Probably not, considering the two lovely fracs in you signature 👍🏻

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Space Hopper said:

Do i need a Takahashi.....?

A question i've ben asking myself a long time.......

"Need" is such a strong word!   The answer of course is no, but that might not make any difference.☺

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, jock1958 said:

I inquired about this same thing regarding my 102, I was told by Tak America that Tak  only issue certificates for new scopes. They mentioned they get asked that several times a year from people like myself who bought used and, the original owners lost the paperwork.

Edited by Sunshine
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Sunshine said:

I inquired about this same thing regarding my 102, I was told by Tak America that Tak  only issue certificates for new scopes. They mentioned they get asked that several times a year from people like myself who bought used and, the original owners lost the paperwork.

That’s a shame was hoping they might have kept duplicates in their archives or something similar. 
I’d already messaged Takahashi America & Japan earlier today before I read your reply, If I get a meaningful response from either of the above I’ll put it all on a separate thread. Thanks for that 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1