SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

A trio of Rosette Nebula images with Ha and NBZ filters

tomato

Yet another clear sky last night (4 in a row, what's happening?) but with the moon up still forced to do NB imaging, so had a look at the Rosette Nebula as this will soon be too low for imaging from my location.

5 hours on the dual rig, 2.5 hrs 7nm Ha with Esprit 150/0.77 focal reducer/G2-8300 and 2.5 hrs Esprit 150, NBZ filter and QHY268c.

I must have a dozen versions of processed data, I'm afraid I just can't get my head around false colour palettes, what makes one better then another? At least with LRGB there is a general consensus of what is 'correct'.

Anyway, here are 3 versions, as defined by Startools the first is H(H+O) duoband 100R, 50R+25G+25B+50G+50B, the second is HOO 100R, 50G+50B, 50G+50B and the third is a creation I confess I lost track of. I prefer the nebulosity colour on the third, but the stars are the wrong colour.

Thanks for looking

NewCompositeV3AP.jpg

NewCompositeV4.jpg

combine-RGB-image-mod-StAPWin.jpg

• Like 8