Narrowband

Anyone see Fireball 28th Feb 2021 Ireland to Southwest

7 hours ago, happy-kat said:

The fireball I captured at 28/02 at 00:37:00 is not listed on the UKMON site, interesting.

I saw that one, comparably slow from above to horizon about SSE, lasted for about 3-4 seconds.  Unfortunately my camera was facing the opposite way!  Typical.  Also missed the one last night.

• Like 2

On 01/03/2021 at 06:29, Knight of Clear Skies said:

Quick attempt at a track from mine and @Philip R's reports, although my bearing could be quite a long way off. Hopefully UK Meteor Network will do this properly from the videos. Philip, what colour was it for you please? I'm wondering if the orange colour I saw was mostly due to atmospheric reddening, it was pretty low for me.

1165083109_Fireball28thFeb2021.thumb.jpg.a16b68b8c8a9f6ba77330958c8a7b450.jpg

Edit: Looks like my bearing is wrong and should be NE rather than ENE. Here's a link to 758 (so far) reports.

Apologies for not replying sooner @Knight of Clear Skies but I think it was green and some fragmentation. Sorry, but was concentrating on motorway traffic.

• Like 1