SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Is this tilt again?

MARS1960

It might be - I got two of a faulty batch of FF / Reducers from SW in the summer so it does happen. However, as the stars seem to be pointing out to the edge of the frame it could be the distance from the FF to the sensor that is slightly out. Difficult to tell in the top right as there are no big stars to look at in detail. Maybe try altering the spacing slightly and see if it improves.

Ian

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Clarkey said:

It might be - I got two of a faulty batch of FF / Reducers from SW in the summer so it does happen. However, as the stars seem to be pointing out to the edge of the frame it could be the distance from the FF to the sensor that is slightly out. Difficult to tell in the top right as there are no big stars to look at in detail. Maybe try altering the spacing slightly and see if it improves.

Ian

Thanks Ian, will give it a try.

16 hours ago, MARS1960 said:

Does this look like tilt

Assuming everything is square and tight in the focuser and camera, it looks like it to me.

If you shake -separately- the ff/camera/telescope, can you hear anything loose?

tilt.jpg.fc27c6232420d44460e43580e2ded670.jpg

Edited by alacant
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, alacant said:

Assuming everything is square and tight in the focuser and camera, it looks like it to me.

If you shake -separately- the ff/camera/telescope, can you hear anything loose?

tilt.jpg.fc27c6232420d44460e43580e2ded670.jpg

Thanks Alacant, I can hear nothing.

I emailed FLO and they are going to take this one back for a refund too, i have ordered the ZS73A instead, non reducing but at least it will hopefully give me a tilt free flat field.