SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

I need some help choosing a budget telescope.

In case you're not aware a Barlow lens multiplies the magnification of any eyepiece it's used with.  It goes in the focuser before the eyepiece.  The multiplication factor varies but 2x is most common.  Some of these 2x Barlows can also be used at 1.5x, although it's not always mentioned in the blurb, and it's one of these I'd recommend.  These dual 1.5x/2x Barlows allow the black lens cell to be unscrewed from the body of the Barlow and then screwed into the filter thread at the bottom of an eyepiece to give approx 1.5x.   First Light Optics do one in their Astro Essentials range that even has a standard T thread at the top for attaching a camera.  It's just £25.  Go to https://www.firstlightoptics.com/barlows/astro-essentials-125-2x-barlow-with-t-thread.html

For deep sky objects from urban locations I think you'll find this guide very useful https://tonyflanders.wordpress.com/urbansuburban-messier-project/

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Welp, bad news, the order got cancelled due to COVID - _ - going to have to look for a different telescope, again...

Edit: I've decided that I'll buy the 130p instead, as 150p isn't available anywhere, and the 130p is at 240Eur. 

Edited by Lotinsh
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've received my 130p first time looking trough a telescope, it was so AMAZING, there were way more stars than I thought I would be able to ever see in a city. Thanks everyone for helping me pick out a telescope, you gave me lots of good advice, thanks!

• Like 7