SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Looking for advice on my next step for deep sky imaging

Penguin

Hi All,

I am wondering what might be the best next purchase for my setup. I currently use a skywatcher explorer 150p on an heq5pro mount (controlled through StellariumScope) and an unmodified canon 450d (controlled through APT). I've also got an SP900 but haven't used it in years since it doesn't seem to go well with the SkyWatcher. This week I got plate-solving working in APT, which I am very happy about.

I have a couple of hundred pounds burning a hole in my pocket right and was wondering what to spend it on...

• On AstroBuySell, there is an Orion Starshoot all in one for £180. Seems like it could replace the SP900 for planetary, possibly replace the 450D (would it be an improvements on that?) or could be a way in to autoguiding with the 450D still taking the images.
  • There are also some ZWO ASI 120MC's all at around £100
  • And there's a QHY IMG0H-CT for £150
  • Or a Starlight Xpress SXVF MX7C Cooled CCD camera OSC with SX Guide camera for £200

Of all of the above, the Starshoot seems the best buy to me. Do you guys think this would be a good move? Any other suggestions?

TIA,

Alistair.