Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Another try at Orion

What equipment did you use and what are you using to process with?

Did you add the defraction spike, it is quite strong.

The colour is interesting but it does show the nebulousity and there is a lot more in this image then an earlier capture, looks much better.

15 minutes ago, happy-kat said:

What equipment did you use and what are you using to process with?

Did you add the defraction spike, it is quite strong.

The colour is interesting but it does show the nebulousity and there is a lot more in this image then an earlier capture, looks much better.

Canon 80D .. Sigma 150-600mm  ... AZ-GTI in Alt az mode ... 90 x20sec .. iso 800 ...... deep sky stacker and photoshop ... 

Yes I added the defraction spike as I like the affect  .. it gives some balance I think... Agree a bit too sharp and bright, I might reduce it a bit on the original image.

On 27/02/2021 at 13:02, shropshire lad said:

Can the focus drift with cold conditions ??... Your CC very welcome

I believe the temperature changes can affect the various materials in the optical path and focus can be slightly affected. I refocus periodically. 

Lat night I focused at the start of my session, then refocused 1 hour later, and it needed a small adjustment.

• Like 1