SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Esprit Focal Reducer and OAG star shapes

I've recently fitted the SW 0.77 Focal reducer/Flattener to an Esprit 150 and the star shapes on my OAG camera now resemble baked beans, they were much better with just the SW F/F installed. 

Given that I cannot easily relocate the OAG in the optical train I guess all I can do is move the prism in as far as I can, but this wont be much given that I am taking advantage of the increased FOV.

PHD seems to guide OK on a Bean Star so I can live with it, but it just looks terrible on the screen.

The imaging camera is a good old G2-8300, my QHY268c is on the other standard Esprit. The star shapes don't look too bad in the corners on the CCD but a bit of fine tuning on the spacing is still needed. I cobbled it all together in a bit of a hurry with the promise of a few clear (moonlit) nights, so I should try adjusting the prism.