Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Solar from today with the big gun.

Nigella Bryant

Just experimenting today with the big gun, C11. Used the white light filter and baader k-Line filter. I did image too with the Lunt 60DS and 80ED baader K-Line scopes but not processed these images yet. The C11 is experimental. Seeing wasn't great and sun going down towards my hedge. I think it has potential as a big gun solar L-Line scope for the summer. 

20210226-150151ellabryant-k-line.jpg

20210226-150151ellabryant-k-line-col.jpg

IMG_20210226_.jpg

Edited by Nigella Bryant
  • Like 15

There is something quite refreshing about visible light solar images and that is a very impressive example too! 

I somehow regret not getting a big SCT or similar long f/l compact light bucket. I know they can be a handful but I don't think I've ever done anything the easy way :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul M said:

There is something quite refreshing about visible light solar images and that is a very impressive example too! 

I somehow regret not getting a big SCT or similar long f/l compact light bucket. I know they can be a handful but I don't think I've ever done anything the easy way :)

Thanks Paul, I think we sometimes get hung up on not doing solar because we think the best is hydrogen alpha or true cak which is expensive. This shows us it's still worth doing even with cheaper solar white light filters and adding continuume or baader k-line. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stu said:

Seeing much better here today, visual detail quite similar to your image Nigella. Hope you are out again!

Hi Stu, I was out again, lol. Glad your seeing was better today. Didn't think mine was so didn't use the big scope. Hopefully tomorrow. I'm getting such a back log of data to process. Three days in a row but my thought is to concentrate on acquiring the data and when it's cloudy I'll sit down and do the processing.