stargazine_ep45_banner.thumb.jpg.71f13bfceacd5e3df366d82c2b6f5f9b.jpg

COMPLETED - StellaLyra 8RC ***SOLD***

Purchased from FLO a few months back for review and to test in my obsy.

Boxed with everything you get new. Perfect other than I noticed a small fleck of something has landed on the secondary mirror (approx 1mm across) and the usual marks on the dovetail. 

Prices have gone up on these by £200 recently but I won't take the Mick. I would be looking at £600 including UK postage in the original packaging for the RC8.

I've enjoyed the scope mainly for lunar and planetary which is totally not what the scope is meant for lol It's designed as a flat field highly corrected long focal length deep sky imaging scope, the same design as most professional observatories. Selling because I don't see myself getting the most out of a 1600mm native focal length scope with an EQ5 class mount, so I might look for something around 750-1000mm instead.

Collimation can be tricky on these and they do benefit from a tilt plate, but I currently have it star tested pretty much perfect. 

I'll take some pics soon, but I'll link some of my vids with this scope below for now so you can see the scope and what I've achieved...mainly lunar and planetary:    

HYou can see it setup in my obsy here:

UK sale on this one only please, and payment by BT for Paypal 

Thanks for looking

Edited by Lockie
1 hour ago, SpookyKatt said:

Hi Chris, would you sell the AstroPhysics telecompressor on its own ?

-Edit forget that i just re-read your ad, PM'd.

Kathleen

Just replied :)

• Lockie changed the title to StellaLyra 8RC ***SOLD***