SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

NINA identifies my mono camera as colour

tomato

I guess I should be posting this on NINA's (Discord?) forum but thought I would ask the SGL community first.

I connected my Moravian Instruments G2-8300 mono CCD to NINA for the first time today  using the 64 bit ASCOM driver, it connected OK except NINA says it is a colour camera and subsequently tries to debayer the downloaded image and as you would expect, returns an error. Is there any way I can override the sensor designation, or just tell it not to attempt to debayer the image?

I have the latest MI drivers installed, I connected it to SGP and that is still seeing it as a mono camera, so I know it hasn't morphed while sitting in it's case.

Thanks in advance

15 minutes ago, tomato said:

I guess I should be posting this on NINA's (Discord?) forum but thought I would ask the SGL community first.

I connected my Moravian Instruments G2-8300 mono CCD to NINA for the first time today  using the 64 bit ASCOM driver, it connected OK except NINA says it is a colour camera and subsequently tries to debayer the downloaded image and as you would expect, returns an error. Is there any way I can override the sensor designation, or just tell it not to attempt to debayer the image?

I have the latest MI drivers installed, I connected it to SGP and that is still seeing it as a mono camera, so I know it hasn't morphed while sitting in it's case.

Thanks in advance

Nina Discord is the best place to go I'd say; it's quite possibly a bug somewhere that is a quick fix. 

I think you can turn off the automatic debayer in Nina to avid the error, but the FITS header will still say its RGGB or whatever it thinks it is.

• Thanks 1

I received a very prompt response on the NINA forum, it looks like a bug in the ASCOM driver which I will report to MI. The comment was made that they might not bother to fix it now we are in the CMOS era which made me feel kind of sad and nostalgic for CCDs. 

Getting mournful over semi-conductors, dear oh dear...

• Sad 1