Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Alpine Innovations Bino Bandit

FLO

• FLO changed the title to Alpine Innovations Bino Bandit

Look interesting

2 hours ago, FLO said:

The Alpine Innovations Bino Bandit fits most binoculars used by astronomers.

Reduces glare from the sun in daytime and prevents ambient light from entering the eyepieces at night. 

Made from soft flexible neoprene so easy to fit and comfortable to use. 

Looks interesting, are these big enough to still provide adequate shielding for glasses wearers?

"Reduces glare from the sun in daytime" NOTE:  Obviously nobody should be looking at or near the Sun without proper Solar filters in place!.. jus' saying 🤔 

1 hour ago, Sp@ce_d said:

Looks interesting, are these big enough to still provide adequate shielding for glasses wearers?

Depends on the size of your eye glasses but for most I would say - yes. 

1 hour ago, Sp@ce_d said:

Obviously nobody should be looking at or near the Sun without proper Solar filters in place!.. jus' saying 🤔 

I hope nobody would read our description then conclude they were intended for unfiltered solar observing but, to be 100% sure, I have edited my first post 🙂 

NEVER use binoculars to observe the Sun without a suitable Solar Filter

Steve 

• Like 2

I've used them with my Maxbrights and it can be a bit of a faff if you are swapping eyepieces every five minutes, but if you're swapping only occasionally then its not too bad.

The material is fairly flexible so easy enough to pull over the end of small eyepieces in the binoviewers. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, AdeKing said:

I've used them with my Maxbrights and it can be a bit of a faff if you are swapping eyepieces every five minutes, but if you're swapping only occasionally then its not too bad.

The material is fairly flexible so easy enough to pull over the end of small eyepieces in the binoviewers. 

Thanks. It sounds like they might be worth a try with binoviewers, although perhaps an observing hood would still be a better bet in that situation. 

• Like 1

Mine arrived this morning, usual fast FLO service - thanks, guys and gals😊👍.

Such a neat, simple idea. Easy to fit on my Orion 9x63 mini giants and daytime testing looks very promising. Operating with a 7mm exit pupil, I'm hoping that night  use with these will help my eyes get the best possible dilation to maximise the performance of these lovely bins 😊.

Dave

IMG_20210227_121459389_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210227_121451015_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210227_121506380_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210227_121512050.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, F15Rules said:

Mine arrived this morning, usual fast FLO service - thanks, guys and gals😊👍.

Such a neat, simple idea. Easy to fit on my Orion 9x63 mini giants and daytime testing looks very promising. Operating with a 7mm exit pupil, I'm hoping that night  use with these will help my eyes get the best possible dilation to maximise the performance of these lovely bins 😊.

Dave

IMG_20210227_121459389_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210227_121451015_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210227_121506380_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210227_121512050.jpg

Hello Dave. Trust you are well. 
Do you  remember the Pentax 12x50’s I took off your hands a few years back - would this upgrade sit well with them do you think. 
TIA.  John 

On 26/02/2021 at 16:14, Ken82 said:

Is it possible to get a single ocular type for eyepieces? 

The that's a good question. I guess you could mask off one hole so that you could observe through the other and still keep both eyes open.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Telescope40 said:

Hello Dave. Trust you are well. 
Do you  remember the Pentax 12x50’s I took off your hands a few years back - would this upgrade sit well with them do you think. 
TIA.  John 

Hi John,

Am well thanks, and hope you are too.

Yes, I would think these would fit those bins really nicely..the material stretches well, and you just need to push them back or pull them forward until you get to the point where you only see the view of the object and all around in every direction is just really dark.

At night I'm sure they will work brilliantly.

HtH,

Dave

• Like 1