Narrowband

Issue with Astro Pixel Processor: Mono images from ASI183MM-Pro treated as RGGB Bayer images

For some reason, while FITSwork and GIMP read the data as mono, APP insists on interpreting them as OSC colour images with RGGB. While I know OSC camera data which are accidentally seen as mono can be forced to the correct Bayer pattern, the reverse is not obvious. I did get one batch to process correctly, but the second set of images refuses to be treated as grey scale, so I cannot neatly merge the data. What is going wrong?

I have noticed there is a bayer pattern "RGGB" item in the FITS header. The culprit here is APT, which defaulted the new camera to RGGB. I think I have sorted that out now. Having said that, I did at some stage manage to turn the previous batch of data into being interpreted as mono, so I am not sure what is different now