SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Just before the sky dumped on me! Feb 22, 80% Waxing

WestCoastCannuck

Crazy erratic weather.... mostly bad,  but finding a few windows!  This was shot literally a few minutes before a downpour.  I JUST got unpacked fast enough that nothing was overly soaked.  (only a few feet from my garage and carport)

The first views are 100% crops from the full disk. - they are brightened somewhat from the full disc exposure

Clear skies!

1581619078_Moon_18_23_52_ZWOASI183MM_1_22022021_pipp_lapl4_ap4036-500of3000-VC1VC2-3.thumb.jpg.373783b5c51e56c71417332bae41d387.jpg

1918274505_Moon_18_23_52_ZWOASI183MM_1_22022021_pipp_lapl4_ap4036-500of3000-VC1VC2-6.thumb.jpg.de70f6e44d5181d368754c15949896e4.jpg

936541472_Moon_18_23_52_ZWOASI183MM_1_22022021_pipp_lapl4_ap4036-500of3000-VC1VC2-5.thumb.jpg.854fbb515040273c73583b91d597524e.jpg

1711993274_Moon_18_23_52_ZWOASI183MM_1_22022021_pipp_lapl4_ap4036-500of3000-VC1VC2.thumb.jpg.b76cac43fc1a01c21ad5734729b4779c.jpg

Edited by WestCoastCannuck
clarity
  • Like 15

18 hours ago, neil phillips said:

Like velvet. Someone who appreciates the unforced natural balance in sharpening.

Lovely mono tones

Thanks Neil!!   I just took the plunge and have a new scope coming my way - so I have likely guaranteed the crappy weather to keep coming for some time.  LOL....  But I can hardly wait!   😎

8 hours ago, WestCoastCannuck said:

Thanks Neil!!   I just took the plunge and have a new scope coming my way - so I have likely guaranteed the crappy weather to keep coming for some time.  LOL....  But I can hardly wait!   😎

Please tell what scope you getting ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vineyard said:

Beautiful images.  A real 3D feel on the close-up features. 👏🏾

Thanks Vineyard!

4 hours ago, neil phillips said:

Please tell what scope you getting ?

Well....  it's been a progression.   Lol.  In the the few years since I first pointed my dslr and telephoto lens at the moon I have been hooked on capturing it as best I can.   Moving on to scopes...  I bought a 6 inch Newt....  and never could get the collimation right.   I bought a 100ed - Love at first look!  Soon upsized to  a 120.  Love this scope.  Got into bino viewing...  and love that on it.  Possibly best one for me refractor wise......  but.....  there is ONE and only one scope bigger that may be my best and final refractor - though expensive for me.   Finally one came up in Canada at a good price - an APM 140/7.   I will keep all scopes for a couple months....  if it works out I will sell the 120/ed and 152/5.9  AND a couple camera lenses in order to pay for the 140.  Lol.  Be another week or so before I get it.  The 180 MAK I still need to fine tune.  Will keep that as my biggest. Can hardly wait for the 140!

Mike

Edited by WestCoastCannuck
Clarity

Sounds like a nice refractor.  Good luck for it working out as you say.

Newtonians can be a hassle. Just cleaned the primary and cobwebs out the tube. of my 245mm. Reset the primary in its cell.. Still need a mount.  Antares Secondary should  be here soon. 

• Like 1

Just now, callisto said:

That's a very good set of images...thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

Mark

Thanks Mark!

3 hours ago, neil phillips said:

Sounds like a nice refractor.  Good luck for it working out as you say.

Newtonians can be a hassle. Just cleaned the primary and cobwebs out the tube. of my 245mm. Reset the primary in its cell.. Still need a mount.  Antares Secondary should  be here soon. 

I wish I had a friend close by with your skills!  Have another 130 Newt I picked up for my boys.  Have not looked at it yet.

23 hours ago, WestCoastCannuck said:

Thanks Mark!

I wish I had a friend close by with your skills!  Have another 130 Newt I picked up for my boys.  Have not looked at it yet.

If messing with Newtonians hasnt been your thing. I would say watch a few youtube vids. On setting them up. Trouble is, getting yours hands dirty, and your eye  accustomed to seeing the errors, is really the best way to learn. Dont underestimate the power of Newts. Both on your wallet and performance. What i paid for the SW300p

And the images i got, belie belief. If you ever fancy a cheap project. Dont go below F5 preferably F6. It will be easier to get a good result. Error wise and its effects.

But once you get used to it, it does start to fall into place. If you ever want to look at your boys 130, Just pm me, i can walk you through it Mike.

19 hours ago, neil phillips said:

If messing with Newtonians hasnt been your thing. I would say watch a few youtube vids. On setting them up. Trouble is, getting yours hands dirty, and your eye  accustomed to seeing the errors, is really the best way to learn. Dont underestimate the power of Newts. Both on your wallet and performance. What i paid for the SW300p

And the images i got, belie belief. If you ever fancy a cheap project. Dont go below F5 preferably F6. It will be easier to get a good result. Error wise and its effects.

But once you get used to it, it does start to fall into place. If you ever want to look at your boys 130, Just pm me, i can walk you through it Mike.

Thanks Neil!   I will likely take you up on that one day!  And I most certainly do not underestimate Newtonians!   I well know they provide tremendous views and images from all I have seen and heard - they just require some fiddling and experience. 

17 hours ago, maw lod qan said:

Very nice images!

I do enjoy sharp crisp Lunar images like these.

I'm still doing the DSLR with my 8" dob. Seldom am I able to image what I can see visually, but still enjoy what I do manage.

Thanks MLQ!  I still enjoy throwing my DSLR on my scopes!   It's just harder to nail focus.