Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Pulsar Dome rotator

Tomatobro

Having recently purchased a new Pulsar dome (assembly delayed) I am starting to think about dome rotation hardware. I have permission from the Finance Director to purchase a Pulsar dome rotator kit but having read a few reports on problems with them I am unsure which way to go. Would be glad to hear from members who have one and have comments good or bad. Perhaps there is a tendency for satisfied users to keep quiet?

I got one a couple of years ago and it works fine.. there was an issue with SGPro asking for radius when it wanted diameter (or vice versa.. I can’t remember now) but after they fixed that about 18 months back it’s been great..  follows the scope perfectly before and after flip.  A friend did have a problem with the display which failed quickly and needed a replacement which took quite a while to arrive .   Also important to make sure the top of the base is flat and perfectly round before putting the dome on otherwise it’ll bump and bang when slewing ( as another friend has found) which can annoy the neighbours 

Dave

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Tomatobro said:

No. Thanks for the heads up. I will go find the magazine and read up. Ordered the dome drive and powered shutter kits from Flo this morning

Make sure you put the shutter drive on before putting the dome on the walls .. its almost impossible to put the top pulley on when the dome's on as the shutter is in the way

• Like 1