SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Issues with oaLive for Catalina

Fivel

Hello to all, I hope everyone is staying healthy.

To James or anyone else that can help, I have two issues.

1. How do I set the capture older? I can easily set it in oaCapture.

2. When I start the capture, I get this error "Output is not Writable". This could be related to the first issue.

Is there a user manual for oaLive? When will there be more capture settings available, such as using "Darks", Noise Reduction and ROI settings for planetary captures?

Thank you for any help here.

Fivel

• 3 months later...
On 21/02/2021 at 21:33, Fivel said:

2. When I start the capture, I get this error "Output is not Writable". This could be related to the first issue.

I'm getting the same

My apologies.  I completely missed this message when it was originally posted.  Please do PM me with a link to the original posting if I don't respond within a day or two.

To set the location for the saved files, in the "Image Capture" tab there should be a couple of buttons immediately above the "FITS data" text that allow you to select and view the location for the saved files.  It looks like no icons are appearing on those buttons in my development version at the moment, but a tooltip does appear if I put the mouse pointer over them so hopefully it will be clear.

I'll try to check this out directly on Catalina as soon as I can.  I upgraded my machine to "Big Sur" and now I'm having a pig of a time installing older MacOS releases alongside it :(

I'm hoping to get a release out soon that includes bugfixes and support for more cameras, after which it is my intention to put more work into oalive in terms of stacking, darks etc.  Unfortunately what I thought was going to be "a quick release with a few bugs squashed" turned out to be somewhat more troublesome than expected thanks to a camera vendor getting bought and SDK versions changing etc.

James

ok thanks James, i have the same bug with no icons on it. Let me know if you find a workaround, i gave "everyone' read/write permissions on the folder but doesn't seem to work.