Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Lens for widefield

JemC

Hi all,

As i am soon to be the proud owner of a Vixen Polarie star tracker i am looking for some advice from the experts here on SGL with regards to widefield imaging with the Vixen Polarie.

I will initially be using it with a modified Canon 600D so am looking for advice on which lens would be best suited to use with it, I have already been pointed in the direction of the Samyang 135mm which by all accounts is a pretty good contender, so aside from that particular lens what other/s would you recommend that are Canon fitting,

Thanks in advance 🙂

It depends somewhat on how wide you want to go but would say that the Samyang 14 mm and 28 mm are worth a look or perhaps the Canon 200 mm f/2.8 L although its not in the same league as the Samyang 135 mm.

If the budget is tight then you could do worse than the 18-55 mm STM kit lens or the 50 mm f/1.8 STM prime.

Alan.

1 hour ago, Alien 13 said:

If the budget is tight then you could do worse than the 18-55 mm STM kit lens or the 50 mm f/1.8 STM prime.

Thanks for reply Alan,

The budget is somewhat tight, i would say it's between £200 to £300 total.