SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Svbony SV503 80ED

Well not sure where to post this, so apologies if this is in the wrong place! 

Finally pulled the trigger on buying a new scop, but feeling nervous 😂. Not seen too much on the above scope, but Aliexpress has a deal with the Svbony shop for one of these at £192 instead of the usual £400 plus. The brand seems to be trustworthy but an ED scope at this price... 

Roll on March 05! 

If genuine and you get it for that price it is a bargain. The scope itself is meant to be OK. The only thing now is that you might be caught with some import taxes. Seems C&E are a little more careful these post Brexit days.....

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Clarkey said:

If genuine and you get it for that price it is a bargain. The scope itself is meant to be OK. The only thing now is that you might be caught with some import taxes. Seems C&E are a little more careful these post Brexit days.....

23 minutes ago, johninderby said:

Allow for 25% to cover taxes and import duties and then hope you get away without them.Still a great deal though. 👍🏻

I think that if it comes in at less than £300 I'll still be ahead. Now for a star diagonal and a mount.... 

One thing I don't find about this scope is the backfocus for mounting a camera. Is it 55mm, 80mm or something else?

I own an ASI 462C and Canon DSLR cameras, so I wonder what is needed for attaching these to this scope.

N.F.

16 hours ago, nfotis said:

Oh well, I succumbed to temptation and ordered one anyway...

N.F.

Ah well done! Be interesting to see how long yours takes to arrive. My order has been at packed to ship for 5 days.... The diagonal I ordered has already arrived in UK which I ordered separately from another store 😳

Didn't order a diagonal (not available in that store), I think that I'll re-use one from my Skymax 127 for now.

Ordered an eyepiece, though, to complement my 6mm. In the meantime, I shot some photos of the Moon with my camera and a telephoto lens.

N.F.

On 28/02/2021 at 00:38, nfotis said:

Didn't order a diagonal (not available in that store), I think that I'll re-use one from my Skymax 127 for now.

Ordered an eyepiece, though, to complement my 6mm. In the meantime, I shot some photos of the Moon with my camera and a telephoto lens.

N.F.

Any updates on your delivery? 

2 hours ago, Marc1964 said:

Any updates on your delivery? 

Nothing yet (I would be surprised to receive anything in less than ten days from my order, provided that the origin address is inside EU - if the origin is outside EU, all bets are off, but a month is not unusual)

N.F.

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/02/2021 at 18:09, Marc1964 said:

Well not sure where to post this, so apologies if this is in the wrong place! 

Finally pulled the trigger on buying a new scop, but feeling nervous 😂. Not seen too much on the above scope, but Aliexpress has a deal with the Svbony shop for one of these at £192 instead of the usual £400 plus. The brand seems to be trustworthy but an ED scope at this price... 

Roll on March 05! 

Any news? I haven't received mine, yet. I guess that I'll have to initiate a dispute with the seller... (it's been my first transaction through this site)

N.F.

9 hours ago, nfotis said:

Any news? I haven't received mine, yet. I guess that I'll have to initiate a dispute with the seller... (it's been my first transaction through this site)

N.F.

I Good luck. I got message to say that it was delayed in transit... 

Well, entered a dispute as well

(I guess that we speak about the same "dealer" with the descriptions in Spanish? Already gaining one-star reviews, I see)

It's my first time with Aliexpress, and I admit that I am not thrilled by the experience...

Oh well (also, one of my credit cards was blocked when I tried to pay this order, and I'll have to reissue one - it's no fun at all having to deal with automated voice phone systems)

N.F.

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, nfotis said:

Well, entered a dispute as well

(I guess that we speak about the same "dealer" with the descriptions in Spanish? Already gaining one-star reviews, I see)

It's my first time with Aliexpress, and I admit that I am not thrilled by the experience...

Oh well (also, one of my credit cards was blocked when I tried to pay this order, and I'll have to reissue one - it's no fun at all having to deal with automated voice phone systems)

N.F.

Interesting, my descriptions were in English, but I suspect the same dealer.   LIke you, not thrtilled by experience and Aliexpress not helpful.

On 05/03/2021 at 21:55, stevenson166 said:

I have a sellers website where i have loads of Svbony items in the UK...enough said as i know the forum rules.. I plan to use it when we get dark clear skies with the 60mm guidescope and the sv305 pro camera ..will post pics when done

Hi, if you feel like DM'ing your website to me I would take a look... my order is not coming 😞

2 hours ago, Marc1964 said:

Hi, if you feel like DM'ing your website to me I would take a look... my order is not coming 😞

Maybe you’re saved by the 🔔.  Have a look at this item.  Its already on the island.  
https://www.astrobuysell.com/uk/propview.php?view=172375

Edited by Robindonne

6 hours ago, Marc1964 said:

LIke you, not thrtilled by experience and Aliexpress not helpful.

As much as I suspected.  I've been in no hurry to switch from ebay and Amazon for Chinese sourced items.  Both will support the buyer in every case of fraud.

• Sad 1