stargazine_ep45_banner.thumb.jpg.71f13bfceacd5e3df366d82c2b6f5f9b.jpg

Orion Optics OMC 140 + goto az mount - £795 (reduced)

Selling my beloved Orion Optics OMC 140, in brand new conditions, comes with original 8x30 finderscope, vixen bar and original box.
Get the best lunar and planetary views with a very high quality little Maksutov.

IMG_20210220_110437.jpg

IMG_20210220_110430.jpg

IMG_20210220_110505.jpg

IMG_20210220_110510.jpg

IMG_20210220_110527.jpg

IMG_20210220_110546.jpg

Edited by Ironus
  • Like 1
  • Ironus changed the title to Orion Optics OMC 140 - like new - £699 (reduced)
13 hours ago, rnobleeddy said:

Looks like there were/are a couple of versions of this and the latest one is a different colour (e.g. https://www.astroshop.eu/telescopes/orion-optics-uk-maksutov-telescope-mc-140-2000-omc-carbon-ota/p,60101) - do you if this is the standard or deluxe?

I owned them both and compared them, this is not the carbon deluxe version, but a part from an aesthetic factor they are 100% the same scope and don't differ at all in performances :) I actually found slightly sharper this one in a side to side comparison, that's why I sold 1 year ago the deluxe one and kept this one.

I am selling it only to fund an expensive refractor I recently bought from here, the Televue 127is

14 hours ago, rnobleeddy said:

Looks like there were/are a couple of versions of this and the latest one is a different colour (e.g. https://www.astroshop.eu/telescopes/orion-optics-uk-maksutov-telescope-mc-140-2000-omc-carbon-ota/p,60101) - do you if this is the standard or deluxe?

I am very confused about the price showing on that website now? On orion optics website it's over £1000? Mmm... 

1 hour ago, rl said:

This is the original version from about year 2000. 

Is there a Zygo certificate with it?

Yes correct! There was a certificate yes, which I have no idea where now it is. I think the photos of jupiter and saturn I took with it can show enough regarding its quality anyway :)

1 hour ago, dweller25 said:

@Ironus

Hello, can you confirm which level of optics your current purple OMC140 OTA has please - standard or deluxe ?

Hello! I am not sure honestly, I only know it performed slightly better than the carbon deluxe I had, so it must surely have the deluxe updrade, otherwise would be really odd to explain! 

• Ironus changed the title to Orion Optics OMC 140 - like new - £649 (reduced)
On 24/02/2021 at 10:52, dweller25 said:

@Ironus

Hello, can you confirm which level of optics your current purple OMC140 OTA has please - standard or deluxe ?

Hello! I am not sure honestly, I only know it performed slightly better than the carbon deluxe I had, so it must surely have the deluxe updrade, otherwise would be really odd to explain! 

• Ironus changed the title to Orion Optics OMC 140 - like new - £595 (reduced)
  • Ironus changed the title to Orion Optics OMC 140 - like new - £575 (reduced)
  • Ironus changed the title to Orion Optics OMC 140 - like new - £545 (reduced)
  • Ironus changed the title to Orion Optics OMC 140 + goto az mount - £795 (reduced)