Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Horse Head Nebula in LRGB and Ha

peter shah

Thank you everyone...I have been processing this for a few weeks now...going back to it....I cant tell you how many time I restarted it.......  the haze from the high cloud and the flare from Alnitak made it quite tricky for me.

2 hours ago, gorann said:

Beautiful image Peter! The scope is obviously in great shape.

It's a scope made back in 2003 and its just incredible....1/25 wave front Zerodur.... with front focusing it makes the scope almost flex free .... shame they don't make them anymore, they really knew how to make a scope!

Thank you everyone....🤩

1 hour ago, geoflewis said:

My heart bleeds for you Peter 😏 - take a look at what Alnitak did to my image of the HH and flame that I posted earlier.....

I wont moan anymore Geof ...that is quite a halo from Alnitak for you to tackle....I would be easier to deal with if it had a soft edge

11 minutes ago, peter shah said:

Thank you everyone....🤩

I wont moan anymore Geof ...that is quite a halo from Alnitak for you to tackle....I would be easier to deal with if it had a soft edge

No worries Peter, I couldn't resist teasing you about our camparative problems 😁. Yes, the hard double edges on the reflections really make this very difficult to process away and certainly beyond anything I know how to correct.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, geoflewis said:

No worries Peter, I couldn't resist teasing you about our camparative problems 😁. Yes, the hard double edges on the reflections really make this very difficult to process away and certainly beyond anything I know how to correct.

Ive had a very quick go at a repair on your halo....its has some really nasty edges but with a bit more time spent it can be fixed.

22 hours ago, Allinthehead said:

That's a beauty Peter, wonderful colour and detail.

2 hours ago, Roy Foreman said:

Love it  Well done. Makes me envious !!!

2 hours ago, tooth_dr said:

Fabulous close up image Peter 👍🏻

thank you 😀