Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ZWO ASI 294mm pro pixel size in PHD

AstroAndy

Hello folks

I was wondering about the following thing. The ASI294 has a pixel size of 4.63um, now, when I set it as a guide cam in PHD, it's pixel size gets autopopulated to 2.21 um. Why is that, and would that influence my guiding, all other things being equal?

Regs.

Andy

It actually has a pixel size of 2.21 but when used normally the pixels are binned. Not sure how PHD interprets this. If you calibrate successfully then it will guide fine but your graph may not be a true representation of your guiding. Can I ask why you want to guide with this camera? Seems way OTT for guiding!

IMX294CJK_Flyer.pdf

Hi David

Thanks for your reply.

It was somewhat strange that one one of my computers, it showed the right pixel size, on the other one the 2.21 (which I also know about, from within the ASI software).

You are right in saying that the ASI 294 is OP when it comes to guiding, however, the way I got my new setup, I have the choice to guide with a QHY5 (small sensor for a C11, even with the reducer), an Atik314 (somewhat bigger sensor), and the ZWO cam., with the biggest sensor). I mean to use the ZWO and Atik cams interchangeably as imaging and guide cams through an OAG, no sense getting another guide cam.

Regs.

Andy