Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC 3184

Rodd

I found this comparison enlightening.  The first image is the APOD for some month in 2000, collected (I believe) with the Lowell Observatory scope.  Mine was collected with a 5" scope in  Bortle 6.   (TOA 130 and ASI 1600).  My image is cropped to the scale of about the C11Edge native (2,800 mm FL).  I plan on imaging this one again with the C11Edge and it will be interesting to see if there is any difference between what it can do and the TOA 130 (in my sky--obviously it is more capable....but a Ferrari would lose to a Moped if gets a flat tire!

535108904_APOD2000.jpg.7091c8c6c5a920cd192fd3d09077c9bb.jpg

Mine.jpg.21406037746244cf2f05d0072e1be938.jpg

• Like 7

You clearly beat the APOD Rodd! Would be interesting to know what year it was. Digital photography has come a long way. That second image you post that you call "Made some improvements" looks totally posterized on my screen. The third one is nice but could need some NR.

35 minutes ago, gorann said:

You clearly beat the APOD Rodd! Would be interesting to know what year it was. Digital photography has come a long way. That second image you post that you call "Made some improvements" looks totally posterized on my screen. The third one is nice but could need some NR.

The third one was a joke

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, gorann said:

He he. I also just posted something and got one reply, hopefully it is just that the SGLers are slow tonight🥱

I don’t think so.  SGL has changed since I first joined. That is how it seems to me, but it could just be it had changed with respect to me.  Hard to say as I only have one perspective