Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Natural galaxies

ollypenrice

I had an imaging mid life crisis and decided my galaxies were losing touch with nature. I tried an all-new system and started with M82. I was amazed by how much the budget Meade 127 lens managed to capture. It's delicate rather than In Yer Face but I think I like it...

So much to learn.

Olly.

post-15040-133877354018_thumb.jpg

Oh thats nice. And great detail picked up there. I usually compare pics to the 'proper' ones as a standard, and the Subaru Telescopes M82 is surely one of the best out there.

http://www.redorbit.com/modules/reflib/article_images/6_d430450f9e0cfd67807619c4bc1fbdf3.jpg

How fantastic to see how close your image comes to this! I wonder if it would be possible to further work on the colours a little, so that the Ha burst is more distinct from the brown dust lanes? If you should manage that, let me know how, I was trying that very thing last night!

So is this fresh data captured with a new system, or the M82 from before processed differently? Either way, great pic!

Archived