Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Eyepieces for Mewlon 180c.

Fedele

I already have two Flat Field 12m (which I don't really like) and two 10mm Baader Ortho Classic. (i m talking of 31,8  EP in this thread)
I have to expand the set.

I tend to prefer projects that are not very complex and with as few lenses as possible. They must be parallax free for bino use (maxbright II). As good value for money I thought of the following eyepieces:
- 2 Telvue Ploss 25 mm
- 2 televue Ploss 15 mm

- 2 TV ploss 8 mm
- 2 Baader Ortho Classic 6 mm.

some questions:
1) is the choice of focal lengths usable?
2) is it better to replace Ploss Televue with Baader classic Ortho (30 and 18), costing less and having roughly the same range?
3) I'm not convinced of the two 6mm . In fact I saw that the taka holds up well the strong magnifications and there, I also like to have the large field. What do you recommend that doesn't cost a fortune to buy as a couple? or do you advise me to switch to mono-eyepiece on this focal length and aim for only one fine eyepiece?

thank you

Edited by Fedele

Maybe check some of dylan o’donnell’s video’s.  He explains his views of different eyepieces.  

But i dont know much about good eyepieces.  I only bumped once into a tak 5 le and never stopped using that one.  Also in an 120 ed.   
For the more experienced opinions i would check the eyepiece category on sgl maybe?

Edited by Robindonne
  • Haha 1