Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SH2-308

Kinch

This is a target I first saw last year, and , well, just fell in love with it. I never thought I could ever get it other than through a paid subscrition to some set up high in the Andes somewhere. At the end of January though, I was delighted to find out I could just about do it from my back yard in SE Spain....if I was prepared to go 'low'.

Working at under 28° altitude (as and when possible over the last two weeks) I am delighted to have got this target . (I may yet try improve on it - but that wont be a big change and it won't be anytime soon).

MyFinal SH2-308 (1500x938) Sign.jpg

• Like 28

49 minutes ago, Kinch said:

there are some fantastic images out there!

Yes there are, I'm just scratching the surface at the moment and I think it's at least once a day where there's something that leaves me mouth agape.

1 hour ago, tooth_dr said:

I wondered why we don’t see more of it but I guess it’s isn’t possible from the UK 

No - not visible from most of Europe.....here in SE Spain, I just about got it. 😏

8 minutes ago, BCN_Sean said:

at least once a day where there's something that leaves me mouth agape.

What a fantastic hobby....isn't it? We are forever being left in awe.....and forever trying to improve our own efforts at capturing the "heavens".

41 minutes ago, Kinch said:

What a fantastic hobby....isn't it? We are forever being left in awe.

Indeed it is, I'm just itching a bit now for these curfews to be relaxed and the back orders to be fulfilled as whilst it may sound daft to some, I'm enjoying learning things again.

9 hours ago, Kon said:

I can see why you had that owo moment!

It is just one of those nebulas - mostly OIII which gives it a lovely colour base (even in false colour NB images). A nice change away from the "Reds".

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Luke Newbould said:

Tremendous image! I've seen this target overprocessed many times but this is just perfect to me

Thanks for such kind words.......but I understand completely what you say about some images being overprocessed. To my mind that happens way too often 'out there'........ 

8 hours ago, BCN_Sean said:

I'm enjoying learning things again.

I have been lucky in that I can continue to image the night sky from my back garden......and I am learning something every day 🙂

• Like 1