SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

So I'm an idiot...

Managed to get a couple of sessions in this week, totalling about 10 - 11 hours of luminance data on a couple of targets I'm working on at the minute. 

Was a little disappointed with the level of detail in the shots coming out, but nevertheless continued, figuring it would be much better after stacking and processing. 

Only today, whilst taking some flats, do I discover I've accidentally shot it all through the blue filter! 😣

• Sad 1

Cant pretend to know what you done technically I'm chiefly a visual observer, but never ceases to amaze me how often things go wrong in this hobby hardly a session goes by without some sort of irritating mishap.

The closest thing to your experience that happened to me is during the Leonid fireballs in 1999(film camera) I discovered later in the darkroom all my shots were hopelessly out of focus.😩

19 hours ago, Les Ewan said:

The closest thing to your experience that happened to me is during the Leonid fireballs in 1999(film camera) I discovered later in the darkroom all my shots were hopelessly out of focus.😩

Oh man, that must have been pretty disappointing. I'm sure I'll be making that mistake myself soon!

19 hours ago, valleyman said:

Just the Reds and Greens to do then.😏

19 hours ago, Mr Thingy said:

It's going to be a stunning picture once you add 10 hours each of R & G, plus 20 hours of luminance 😂

Ha, yeah this has now turned into a much bigger project than anticipated. Hopefully will turn out really nice in the end 😁