SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Problems Problems problems

wookie1965

Set up early was planning on doing 15 objects why it's very cold using the Tal 100rs. 

Alignment first star Sirius way off and lamp in vision took me ages try and see it through the Telrad finally got it centered it looked in focuser blocked by my shed brilliant. 

Wanted Regulus handset said no first star Alioth second Rigel absolutely stupid. 

Check alignment with M42 way out lamp in way again finally got it in on to my list by this time feet where freezing and the cold was playing havoc with my back. 

54 Leonis (SAO 0815 83)  Cracking double lovely colour contrast of Yellow and Blue. 

Σ 1521 (SAO 0817 40)Hair split with 11mm both white. 

90 Leonis (SAO 0996 73) lovely triple with tight pair yellow stars with greyish companion all in a line. 

ΟΣ 215.(SAO 0990 32). Too close to split with my 4" just got a peanut shape. 

M44  This looked brilliant with the 32mm GSO stars everywhere. 

M67 Another lovely view. 

A First for me 

NGC 2392.(Eskimo Nebula) Caught it with the 25mm but looked better in the 15mm nice blue/green Halo. 

That was it in too much pain and very cold packed up came in got a warm drink. 

Edited by wookie1965
  • Like 11

22 hours ago, wookie1965 said:

Alignment first star Sirius way off and lamp in vision took me ages try and see it through the Telrad finally got it centered it looked in focuser blocked by my shed brilliant.

Hi Wookie sounds like you had a good night despite the alignment issues.

Synscan always gives me Sirius first but I always skip it, too low and go for the next one which recently has been Capella. The second one is usually Procyon. These work really well from my location and all targets have been spot on afterwards 

Edited by Jiggy 67

33 minutes ago, Jiggy 67 said:

Hi Wookie sounds like you had a good night despite the alignment issues.

Synscan always gives me Sirius first but I always skip it, too low and go for the next one which recently has been Capella. The second one is usually Procyon. These work really well from my location and all targets have been spot on afterwards 

Capella for me is near enough straight up for me if its not in FOV I would be on the floor looking through the Telrad handset never gave me Procyon or would of got that well not Scrolling through on first star anyway, really frustrated me last night. 

Yet another night the handset will show stars I can easily get to I havnt a clue why "ghost in the machine" 

Thank you for the input hopefully next time it will be easier. 

2 hours ago, faulksy said:

nice one paul, you should buy a heated vest they are great mate

To be honest Mike I was warm it was just my feet thats with wearing heat holder socks 2.3 tog it was more the bending over all the time as you know clothes ride up and exposed my back to the cold. With having arthritis in my spine and two blown discs still waiting for a epidural I can only take so much pain. Hopefully losing weight and getting the epidural will help lost 3 stone up to now.

5 hours ago, wookie1965 said:

To be honest Mike I was warm it was just my feet thats with wearing heat holder socks 2.3 tog it was more the bending over all the time as you know clothes ride up and exposed my back to the cold. With having arthritis in my spine and two blown discs still waiting for a epidural I can only take so much pain. Hopefully losing weight and getting the epidural will help lost 3 stone up to now.

i lost 40lbs once, looked everywere 😃

only messing mate, loosing weight should help your back

2 discs ,ouch mate your doing well considering, be careful you dont slip

cheers paul

• Like 1